Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Get Your Weight Up......For The Kids

As fathers, we use our hands for many reasons. To carry our child when they are babies, or to put together their cribs (then later beds), or even to put together a bike for them. But our hands can be a vital point for when you child has a doctor's appointment that they don't want to go to. Especially if it involves needles. In a recent situation, I went to accompany my daughter to the foot doctor for a procedure. She never likes to go to there because she knows what to expect. Put it this way, so I won't have to explain the procedure, it did involve needles. So I felt that the only way she would feel better is if she would not look at the doctor while he's poking the needle and hold my hand. Now for those who have kids that don't worry about the needle, you'll have no problem in this department. But for us that do, be prepared because if you didn't know your own child's strength (especially my 12 year old), now you know. You might have to warm up your hands a bit, put it in like an arm wrestling position and good luck. Lol! Doesn't matter if it's your son or daughter, pain is pain. The first time caught me off guard and I had to pull away because my hands were getting crushed. But in time I got used to it because of the reason why I'm doing it. To make my daughter feel comfortable about it. That's why we are here, fathers. These are moments that our child will always remember, and you hand won't either. So get your weight up and work on those hands and be prepared. Don't say I warned you.

No comments:

Post a Comment