Saturday, April 27, 2013
Surprises, Surprises.....
One thing that a child would appreciate is the fact that you really care and are supportive in what they do. It motivates them and it can carry on into their adulthood. As a single father, it's hard because you're not at home with your child to know what events they have going for themselves as far as sports teams that they are on or other things that they participate in. But it's our jobs as fathers to keep on point with that. Just because we don't live with the child is not an excuse to not be a part of it. I've found out that my daughter was having a rugby game this weekend. What I'm doing now is use my 'Element of Surprise'. I don't want to tell her that I was going, but got enough information to do a little research myself. So I got the address and stuff to go and surprise her because I knew that it was hard for her mother to show up because she has two younger children (my sons) to travel with. The best part was that it's not too far from me. So what I'm doing is going to get ready and make my 'surprise' entrance to see her reaction. I will give you all details as to how it went down. But it should be a very positive one at that....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment